14.07 Du Côté de l’Art is a jazz and poetic concert, conceived and realized by Marco Vezzoso with the collaboration of the poet Giannino Balbis, inspired by the tragic attack in Nice on 14 July 2016.
The jazz pieces, composed for the occasion by Vezzoso, alternate and intertwine with three poetic texts by Balbis, to form a literary-musical continuum of absolute originality and extraordinary emotional impact: an answer du côté de l’art, that is to say from the point of view of art, to the drama of terrorism that is bleeding the world.
The three literary texts – Promenade des Anglais, Promenade de sang, Promenade des Sans-guerre – are respectively dedicated to:
1) Nice before the attack, or rather the “soul”, the history, the beauty of a typical multi-ethnic Mediterranean city;
2) the drama of the attack, from the point of view of those who, like Marco Vezzoso, lived it firsthand;
3) Nice after the attack, the art and beauty as universal antidotes to violence
(the Sans-guerre are the artists who abhor the war).
- Marco Vezzoso – trumpet and flugelhorn
- Alessandro Collina – piano
- Marc Peillon – doublebass
- Rodolfo Cervetto – drums
- Chiara Buratti – narrative voice